The Concept2 BikeErg is a whole new way of cycling
The Concept2 BikeErg is the latest addition to sport-based ergometers. The Bike Erg has the same flywheel and Performance Monitor as the Concept2 Indoor Rowers and SkiErgs, bringing to cycling the strength and features previously brought to rowing and cross-country skiing.
The flywheel uses air resistance to create a smooth, quiet ride that responds to your efforts. The damper is your “gearing”, allowing you to adjust the feel of your ride. Unlike most stationary bikes, the BikeErg has a clutch, so just like a real bike, when you stop pedalling, the flywheel keeps on spinning.
The sophisticated Performance Monitor gives you instantaneous workout feedback, with a wide variety of displays and workouts to choose from. The Performance Monitor is calibrated so you’ll be able to directly compare your times and distances with other people, as well as track your progress.
Key features of the Concept2 BikeErg:
- Performance Monitor: The powerful PM5 provides repeatable, comparable data for every ride. The PM5 offers automatic “Just Ride” mode, or allows you to set up a variety of workouts. The monitor gives you a wide range of data, including pace, watts, cadence (rpm) and Calories and automatically stores this information. The PM5 uses power from 2 D-cell batteries whenever it is not being powered by the flywheel.
- Get connected: The PM5 monitor on the BikeErg has both Bluetooth and ANT+ wireless connectivity, allowing it to connect to many heart rate belts, fitness devices and apps.
- Flywheel and damper: The BikeErg uses the same flywheel design as our indoor rowers and SkiErg to create a responsive, continuous ride. The flywheel puts you in full control of your exertion and resistance at all times. The damper allows you to quickly adjust the airflow to the flywheel during the workout. This has a similar effect to changing gears on a bicycle. Opening the damper and letting more air into the flywheel is like shifting into a heavier gear. Closing the damper lightens the “gearing”.
- Adjustable saddle and handlebars: Both the saddle and handlebar positions are easily adjustable. You can set the saddle height with our secure and easy tool-free ratcheting system. The fore and aft saddle position and angle can be adjusted for custom fitting. The handlebars move up and down, and forward and back, and with three different handlebar riding options, you can easily find the setting that’s best for you.
- Customise your ride: Prefer your own set-up? The BikeErg fits most standard bike parts, so you can easily use your own saddle, handlebars and pedals for the ultimate personalized experience.
- Chain free: The BikeErg uses high-strength polygroove belts rather than a chain for a quiet ride. The belts are self-tensioning to help extend life and reduce maintenance.
- Lightweight and mobile: The BikeErg’s aluminium frame makes it both light and durable, while caster wheels make it easy to move around. At just 58 lbs (26 kg), it’s lighter than most other stationary bikes.